Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Play Resumed. (Sorta)

So, this week, I had planned to do a boring 'to-be-read' pile overview. But instead, you get semi-rant list of excuses. Ten of them are completely true. Three of them are not. You make up your mind which is which. I solemnly swear I won't do this to you again.




Photobucket
Thirteen Reasons Gwen's Been a Lazy Blogger Lately

1. I've gone 11 days straight without caffeine.

2. Last Saturday the weather in Seattle was gorgeous and nothing could keep me inside at the computer.

3. I've put 672 miles on my car in the last 10 days.

4. Every night I must first engage in a barter with my husband for internet minutes, as we only have one connection, and he has to play Xbox Live.

5. If I do not make said husband food, he will not eat.

6. I'm in charge of an annual trade show at my day job and have 16 more working days until I get on a plane for Ohio. I am already nervous about this. Did I mention I hate flying?

7. Due to the lack of caffeine, I had to take up smoking. Now my two daily ten minute breaks, which I would spend blogging, have been overtaken by the need for nicotine.


~Intermission~



8. I blame sexyjack!

9. We just started a series of writing workshops at the Writer's Retreat forum, and getting everyone settled took some special admin attention.

10. My cat has been on a four-day puke-a-thon, leaving me to barely sleep at night, because in addition to flying, I hate the sound of retching, human, animal or otherwise. Srsly.

11. I mean it - I really did give up Red Bull. I hate to admit it, but I'm just lazier without it. *sigh*

12. My husband has taken to traipsing around the house scantily clad. Nothing is more distracting than live eye candy.

13. The processes that control cellular mitotic division, up to and including the protein phosphorilation cascades are complicated.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


19 comments:

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Please, let #1 not be true! Please, please, please...

(And thanks soooo much for the intermission! Now my blood's pumping.)

Unknown said...

Pretty creative list for a lazy girl LOL
Happy T13!

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Oh Gwenny, you have been busy. But if I were you I would be tossing everything for the live eye candy and be smiling happily :)

Ms Menozzi said...

Wow. No caffeine? You poor thing! I couldn't keep moving without it! But I beg of you - stop smoking!!! We'll find something else, I promise!

Oh, by the way... The intermission was lovely...

I have to agree with you on the live eye candy. When my hubby is wandering about the house getting ready in the morning, he says he'll often hear me say, from deep within the tangle of the bedclothes, "Tushie!"

I swear, sometimes I don't remember doing this, but he swears I do it almost every day.

Unknown said...

No caffeine? My hat is off to you! Nice intermission - that's a pretty damn excuse if you asked me. Hope you cat is better too - I can relate.

http://www.deboradennis.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Why is nicotine better than caffeine?

Kaige said...

If yours is anything like mine, #5's definitely true. What IS it with them? At least there was still intermission... Happy TT, Gwen!

Robin L. Rotham said...

I gave up caffeine a couple of months ago and I actually feel MORE energetic now that I've gotten over it. Please tell me you're kidding about number 7!?

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

No caffeine?! That sounds like blasphemy!
lol (but healthy blasphemy.)

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay. The smoking part is one of the not true ones. I'm not *that* stupid! Cigarettes - YUCK!!

Paige Tyler said...

Nice intermission! And a great TT, too! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Tempest Knight said...

Oh no! No coffee in 11 days! Some call Starbucks 911!!!! Pronto!

Heather said...

ROFL - especially love your last excuse. Clever!

Dana Belfry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana Belfry said...

Okay I'm trying this again.

I had to read reason #1 three times because I thought I was hallucinating. WOW! I'm impressed! I'm horrified, but I'm impressed!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

LMAO!!! Your husband is running around scantily clad? You lucky girl!!!
*sigh* I wish mine would. He might not be everyone else's candy, but he's mine.

Shelley Munro said...

Coffee - could not, will not trim back on caffeine! Scantily clad husbands are definitely a distraction ;)

Kathleen Oxley said...

I'm guessing that 1, 5 & 7 are the lies. Hmmm?

Happy TT!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Ok, those excuses are accepted! I hope your cat is batter!