Inspired by the Romance Divas board, here are thirteen simple habits you can form to conserve water, energy and the environment...
1. Use rags and sponges instead of paper to clean up messes.
(Keep them sanitary by laundering rags and washing sponges in the dishwasher.)
2. Wait for a full load before doing laundry or running the dishwasher.
3. Turn off TVs, radios, and lamps in rooms you're not using.
4. Use a compost pile instead of the garbage disposal.
5. Don't drive somewhere within walking distance. (You'll get exercise too!)
6. Don't leave the water running when brushing your teeth or washing your face or hands.
7. Put an extra blanket on your bed and turn the heat down.
8. Put outside lights on a timer.
9. Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs.
10. Turn the heat/AC down when you're not home.
11. Take a re-usable cup to your favorite coffee shop.
12. Use a re-usable Nalgene or similar bottle for water.
13. Last, but most importantly, recycle.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Leave your link in a comment, and I'll link back to you here: