Thursday, January 17, 2008

*Bounce*

I got my very first rejection letter yesterday - just a form email reply: Thanks for submitting, we've reviewed it and decided it's not for us. Please consider submitting something else in the future.

Blah. I'm not surprised, per se - but even though the realist in me told the rest of me that this was coming, the confirmation still squashes that small sliver of hopeful optimism we all hold in reserve, just in case we get lucky. I mean, you have to believe it's possible, otherwise, what's the point?

The good news - the realist says: "Don't worry about that! That's gonna happen! Pick up and move on! Keep writing - that's the ticket. Just. Keep. Writing."

So, that's what I'm gonna do. I would be doing it anyway - I can't stop. I love it. I STILL love it, even if the rejections pour in and threaten to bury me, I'm doing what I love. At some point, that will shine through and someone will see it. Someday. I can't expect it to come easy. Nothing worth pursuing ever does. Right? *Realist nods*


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: