Monday, January 14, 2008

Alpha Beta to the Rescue!

Anyone familiar with my writing over the past year knows that I'm heavily reliant on The ABC - my first reader, idea-bouncer and pro-bono editor. Along with the new year came my new venture towards the goal of getting published and a slight shift. She said it was time for me to leave the nest. *grumbles*

While I know she's right, and despite the fact that she claims she feels useless due to the amount I've grown as a writer - she still proves her worth again and again - be it a firm kick in the backside, encouragement (she's the first and often the only person that ever believed I could really make it . . . priceless) or simply a second pair of eyes.

I mention it again, because she, with practically no effort, pointed out the problem and the solution to the story snafoo I was whining about earlier. Thanks to her, I was able to re-arrange and ease off of my developing plot for Cloak of Knight and tie it up nicely with a HFN ending. I sent it off yesterday, and we'll see what comes of it.

So, here's a shout out to The ABC - still worth her weight in gold (despite her arguments)!! And also - a thanks to Noonycat for the help with my cover letter.

My submission calendar is blank for the coming weeks, but I'm sure I'll start cooking something up soon. Lots of ideas . . .


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: