Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back Post # 2 - Critiquery

Song of the Moment: Love Lockdown – Kanye West

Depending on what order you’re reading this in, you may or may not know that I have had a prayer answered in the form of my new critique partner. I haven’t been this ecstatically, frenetically involved in my current work in progress since I outlined it over New Year’s weekend 2007. Since then, I’ve been distracted by submission calls, diverted into a totally unrelated novel, and managed to bury myself in excuses to let the very first ‘book of my heart’ slide by the wayside. No longer!

I’ve set a very optimistic goal to have this one ready to start querying in Mid-to-end-February. And if it doesn’t happen, it will be entirely my own fault. Working with my new crit-partner, I’ve discovered what needs to be done, and plotted my course. Now we’re on to the execution. And, for the time being, I’m juiced! So, let this serve as excuse number one for why I haven’t tackled my goal to blog more this year.

And I know what you’re thinking . . .

See. Nothing slips by me.

4 comments:

Thomma Lyn said...

YIPPEE, dear critique partner! Things are rockin' and rollin' and the ideas are flying and sparking, and I'm loving it! :-D

(((((((((hugs))))))))))!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Your enthusiasm has really lit a fire under my butt. Thanks hun!

*hugs*

SciFiGuy said...

First the book then the worry about the blog. We want the book dangit.

Anonymous said...

Hehe... Thanks! Yeah, me too! If only I could snap my fingers and have it written. POOF! And then twitch my nose and have it published . . . POOF! *dreamysigh*