Friday, May 30, 2008

I should be doing something productive right now . . .

Ever had one of those weeks? You're busy, the time is flying, and yet - you get absolutely nothing done.

Big. Fat. Zero.

Well, okay - that's not exactly through. I've got 18.5K words on a 15K limit novella that's only 90% done. But, I think that qualifies as counter productive. Since now, I have more editing work. I've gone through it twice, and I think . . .

I think I've got too much story for 15K words. But how the heck do I pick a thread of my story to cut out. I love them all! And they make such a pretty pattern. *sigh*

Other than the novella - like I said - nothing doing. Just counting down to the weekend.


3 comments:

Kathleen Oxley said...

Yeah, I can relate to those weeks. Can you keep the story at the greater length and do something else with it? Good luck!!

Natalie Hatch said...

Gwen I just read your short story Once bitten, and really enjoyed it. Although I did want to find out what happens next. Any chance you've got the next installment hidden somewhere.

Gwen Mitchell said...

Natalie - thanks very much!

I do have the continuation hidden. It's a novel tentatively titled 'Kill Me Softly' and I hope to finish it early next year.