Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've Been Flogged.

Back around Thanksgiving, I finally got up the guts to submit the opening of one of my novels, Unforgiven, to a blog that I frequent.

Flogging the Quill is a terrific blog, run by Ray Rhamey. He does a free edit on submitted openings, and in so doing, creates a valuable learning resource for aspiring authors. I believe that the more feedback you can get on your writing, the better, and since I already respected Ray's opinion, I went for it.

On the whole, Ray was pretty gentle with me, and I walked away nodding. Most of the things he said, I anticipated, and had already begun making corrections. It was good affirmation though, and the other comments were helpful too.

If you haven't checked it out - I urge you to explore Flogging the Quill, and if you can swallow your pride enough to submit - Ray's feedback is invaluable.

No comments: